If you are new to our site, take a minute to check out these posts to help take the stress out of the mess of creating with your kids!
- 5 Steps to Take the Stress Out of the Mess
- 10 Things You Need to Have for your Kids’ Art Projects
- Plan Ahead: The Secret to No Stress Fun with Your Kids
- Things you probably have at home:
- Decoration supplies you already have – crayons, markers, colored pencils, paint, glitter, sequins etc.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. (This does not change the price that you pay at all!) Regardless, all product recommendations are my own opinions.
Ideal Age Range:
Ideal for 3+
10 minutes – print the templates below and gather supplies. For younger kids, cut the templates out before starting.
This project helps bring a little pizzazz to your 2021 New Year’s Eve party. This is a great project to do in late afternoon or right after dinner to get kids into the spirit. Then put on one of the convenient Netflix countdowns and pretend that it’s midnight (when it is really 7pm!).
- Twist pipe cleaner onto the top middle of headband as pictured.
- Wrap both ends of pipe cleaner around a pencil or pen to create a swirled effect (as pictured).
- (If using sequins to decorate the headband glue on and let dry).
- Decorate your chosen template – make it colorful – use glitter to create some sparkle!
- If you are using anything with glue, let it dry before continuing.
- Cut out the template.
- If using fairy lights wrap around headband tightly – as pictured – secure battery pack on one end and make sure ON/OFF switch is easily accessible.
- Adults should assist in this part of activity to ensure that lights are twisted on tightly to secure the battery pack.
- Glue ends of pipe cleaners onto template and let dry before picking it up.
Happy New Year! Enjoy your fun party accessory to start the New Year.
Here are three designs to choose from to create your headbands. Simply print and decorate them. Ideally, you should print them on cardstock or a paper with heavier weight. If you only have standard computer paper, you can cut construction paper (or something similar) to match and back the computer paper.
If you want to pin this project, please use the image below.