- Things to buy:
- White chocolate melts – 1 of these bags will make a small baking tray (about 6 melted snowmen)
- Pretzel sticks
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
- Red M&Ms – you can pick reds from this mini pack (the Christmas blend also works)
- Orange sprinkles – you can also pick orange ones out of any normal sprinkles assortment
- Candy eyes
- Cellphone bags – this set has different sizes so you can put smaller items in smaller bags
- Gift bags – your kids can color in these Snowman gift bags!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. (This does not change the price that you pay at all!) Regardless, all product recommendations are my own opinions.
Ideal Age Range:
This is a family project – any age can be involved!
< 10 minutes to prep gifts (About 15 minutes to make the treats + cooling)
We don’t usually include recipes, but this is such a great activity to do with your kids that we wanted to include it. You can use this as a snack activity with your kids, or package up the materials and gift it to friends or family as a fun holiday activity for them!
If you only want to make this with your kids, there is no need to buy cellophane bags or gift bags.
If you want to do these as gifts, you can find printable gift tags and recipe cards at the bottom of this post that you can include with all of the materials. The my note at the end of this post about how many materials to package up and include in your gift.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. This small tray will make about 6 melted snowmen + snowwomen.
- 1 of the 10 oz. bags of chocolate melts listed in our supplies above will work for a small tray. If you have more than 2 kids, I suggest doubling up the recipe and using a larger tray.
- Since we aren’t baking these, if you need to secure the parchment paper, you can use painters tape or masking tape to secure it to the underside of the tray.
- Prep all of your decorating ingredients before you start. Once you melt the chocolate, you will need to decorate quickly.
- This should include pretzel sticks (broken in half), separating red mini M&Ms, candy eyes, unwrapping miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, and separating orange sprinkles.
- A small tray will make about 6 snowmen. For each snowman you need: 1 pretzel stick, 3 red M&Ms, 1 Reese’s Peanut Butter cup, 1 orange sprinkle + 2 candy eyes.
- Place your white chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl or a double boiler and follow package directions to melt.
- We melted in the microwave, on 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring in between. (Be careful – the bowl will get hot.)
- Once the chocolate is melted, spread an even, thin layer onto the parchment paper.
- Once the chocolate is spread, begin decorating. Start with the peanut butter cup hat and work your way down. Leave room between snowmen + snowwomen so you can break the chocolate once it is cooled.
- Tip: you may want to place each of the peanut butter cups, helping your kids measure the appropriate space needed for all of the decorations.
- Once all of your decorations are placed, put the baking tray into the fridge in a flat place. Let cool for at least 2 hours.
- Once cool, carefully use a knife to cut the melted snowmen + snowwomen apart.
- Tip: you may want to try using two knives at one time (vertical + horizontal cuts) to make sure that the cuts don’t cut across another snowman. (But no worries if one gets messed up, they still taste the same!)
- Enjoy as a snack right away and store any leftovers in the fridge!
- (Optional) If you want to prepare kits to give as gifts, use 2+ cellophane bags to organize ingredients.
- Each 10 oz bag of chocolate makes 6 snowmen + snowwomen, so include decorating ingredients for about 8 snowmen (to have some extra) per bag.
- Place orange sprinkles + red M&Ms in a smaller bag and secure with tape – I like separating these items since they are so small.
- Place pretzel sticks, candy eyes and wrapped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into another bag. Add the second bag with smaller ingredients. Secure with a twist tie.
- (Optional) Place the white chocolate melts, decorating ingredients + recipe card (print below) in the bag and your gift is ready! (You can also print our gift tag to attach.)
When you prepare these melted snowman kits you aren’t just giving a gift, you are giving the gift of an activity someone can do with their kids. It is a holiday memory in the bag (and a yummy one!)
You can print gift tags and the recipe cards below. Each is formatted for a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. For best results, print onto white cardstock.
Tag us @givethekidssomethingtodo and let us see your melted snowmen + snowwomen gifts!
If you want to pin this project, please use the image below.