If you are new to our site, take a minute to check out these posts to help take the stress out of the mess of creating with your kids!
- 5 Steps to Take the Stress Out of the Mess
- 10 Things You Need to Have for your Kids’ Art Projects
- Plan Ahead: The Secret to No Stress Fun with Your Kids
- Things you probably have at home:
- Glue stick
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. (This does not change the price that you pay at all!) Regardless, all product recommendations are my own opinions.
Ideal Age Range:
This project is great for preschool age and above.
This is a simple fall project that can be done with children of many ages. For older children, use this as cutting practice, having them prepare the paper mosaic pieces. Small children can simply work on gluing and placing.
- Print out the acorn template onto white paper. (Download the template at the end of the post.)
- Cut small pieces of fall colored paper into random sizes.
- Glue small pieces onto the acorn shape
- Cut out the completed mosaic acorn shape.
- Glue onto the middle of the black paper.
- Glue a narrow mosaic border around the edges of the paper.
- (Optional) The edges of the completed mosaic border can be slightly trimmed and then the picture can be glued onto another piece of paper to create a finished framed art project.
You can download the acorn template here:
If you want to pin this project, please use the image below.